Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Independence Wrap Up


While staring at the moon and admiring the colorful sky on my walk back to camp I evidentially startled a bird in the tree above me. There was a great flapping of wings and then the unmistakable sound of a bird bonking into a parked car followed by more flapping (so much flapping!) and finally the bird came to rest in the same spot it was in when the whole kerfuffle started. I knew when I heard it hit the car it could only be a kereru, the world's fattest bird*. There were two of them, actually. I'm glad they survived the incident with the parked car.



This is our new brother husband burning a trashy novel in order to get the fire working.


P will be famous across the land for her fairy dwellings:


While I miss corn on the cob, picnics on blankets (green green grass is wet grass) and other 4th festivities, this was a great way to celebrate our Independence.

*This is strictly my opinion.

1 comment:

Hailey said...

Amy I don't think you are having enough fun. How long are you planning on staying down under? I am so glad to hear you are doing good.