Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Queen Mary 2

I wasn't looking forward to going to work last night at 11pm. But that all changed when I got ensnared in a traffic jam on Tamaki Drive and saw this beautiful sea beast:

(photo by Brett Phibbs)

I've never been so happy to be late to work as I was last night (nor have I ever been so happy to get stuck in traffic!) The Queen Mary 2 left our harbor late last night and I loved watching as she flirted with us on her way out of town.

Want to see what I saw? Go to this NZ Herald site and also explore the your photos of the Queen Mary in Auckland link and the video of her arrival.

So, do you have plans for the 13th of February, 2010? You could be enjoying a stopover in Auckland on the QM2 during your full world tour! I promise to wave you off with my handkerchief when you leave and shout bon voyage! (so long as you toss confetti).

1 comment:

Adrianne said...

wow beautiful! maybe I should look into being on the QM2 next year! would love a visit!!