Wednesday, November 7, 2007

NZ Marmite vs. Vegemite: UPDATE!

NZ Marmite wins, no doubt about it. I remember now why I did not like Vegemite: there is a repugnant metallic aftertaste that lingers on the back of the tongue. Ug. This is somehow totally missing from the NZ Marmite.

It's possible to overdo it with both - too much salt. After the tasting last night (on crumpets - "the dumb man's bagel") my blood pressure must have been sky high. No offense was meant with that crumpet reference. ;)

Anyone want a nearly full bottle of Vegemite?

3 comments:

Marlene said...

I have heard of vegamite in a song from years ago. Not sure of the group & all but it had the words about a vegamite sandwich from the land down under... Do they have peanut butter? MOM

Wob Walla said...

I'm sure they have meat and potatoes there. Just embrace the goodness

Amy said...

gosh, i always thought crumpets were like muffins. kind of disappointing.